Family Law Services
We know the prospect of seeking out legal help may seem daunting. However, Watts McCray has over 25 years’ experience in providing Family Law advice, and we have some of Australia’s leading Family Law Specialists available to advise you, with utmost professionalism and integrity and personal care.
Whilst every client has a unique set of circumstances which require individual consideration and advice, we find the following areas of Family Law are most frequently of concern to our clients:
- Legal wills – Ensure your intentions are correctly expressed and reflect your current circumstances.
- Divorce - Dissolve a marriage via an application to the Federal Circuit Court.
- Consent orders - For when couples are able to reach full agreement about parenting issues or property settlement.
- Same-sex couples - Same sex couples and their children are entitled to receive the same level of protection under the law as heterosexual couples and their families.
- De facto relationships - A relationship between two adults who are not legally married to each other.
- Spousal maintenance - Money paid by one spouse to another for their financial support after separation.
- Separation - Does not necessarily lead to divorce, but does change your circumstances dramatically.
- Child support - Court-ordered payments made by a noncustodial divorced parent.
- Child custody - Helping you come to an agreement on parental responsibility and living arrangements for children after separation.
- Court representation - We understand court procedures and rules.
- Domestic violence - We can provide legal assistance in instances of domestic violence.
- Binding financial (pre-nuptial) agreements - Determine, before you marry, how your assets will be allocated should your marriage break down.
- Property & financial settlements - These can require specialist skill.
- Settlement conferences - A meeting which involves the parties to a dispute and their legal representative