ADR – Alternative Dispute Resolution
The aftermath of family breakdown in Australia is becoming all too familiar – communication has broken down, lawyers are consulted and litigation is commenced. Many months, or even years later, just before a Court hearing, the case is settled but not before both parties have incurred substantial legal fees and other costs.
Watts McCray offers an alternative to this scenario through Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) which can save significant time and money. ADR consists of a variety of ways to resolve Family Law disputes without a conventional court hearing.
ADR can be conducted in any matter to which the parties agree, with the four most commonly used ADR techniques being: Arbitration, Collaborative Law, Mediation and Settlement Conferences. Once Consent Orders or other appropriate settlement documents are signed, the parties can be assured that their dispute is truly over.
There are many benefits to ADR, including:
- Time and cost saving: a typical ADR process can be scheduled in two weeks or less, with the average case resolved in under a day.
- Flexibility of processes and outcomes: it allows the parties to develop innovative solutions that are best suited to their needs and the needs of the family.
- Control: parties are able to choose the most appropriate neutral person and process for their case. They can also choose the time, place, and the date most convenient to them.
- Preservation of family relationships: family dispute resolution using ADR methods can resolve problems more quickly and help to preserve relationships between family members.
- Confidentiality: discussions are held in private, and remain strictly confidential.
Watts McCray ADR services offer an unparalleled combination of ADR experts, services and facilities. Our ADR team is highly trained and experienced and includes a leading Family Law scholar as well as many of Australia’s most senior Family Lawyers.
Should you like to find out more about conflict resolution using our ADR services, please contact us to make an appointment to discuss your situation.
var _gaq = _gaq || ; _gaq.push(['_setAccount', 'UA-339864-1']); _gaq.push(['_trackPageview']);